IMPORTANT INFO: the company accepts both international and national students
Velički kamen d.o.o., company based in Velika, Požega-Slavonia County in the Republic of Croatia.
With a tradition of more than 80 years, the main economic activities have been the exploitation of technical and building stone and the production of adhesives and plasters.
Velički kamen d.o.o. has a concession for 3 active exploitation fields located on the southern slopes of Papuk, where the minerals dolomite, amphibolite and tuff are located.
We are the most significant mining economic operator in terms of exploited quantities of technical and building stone in the Republic of Croatia. In 2021, we produced 2.1 million tons of technical and building stone in two quarries.
We employ 120 people directly, indirectly and more, thus contributing to the positive economic and demographic trend in
Organisation acts primarily in the following raw materials sectors
Which months can the internships take place?
- September 2023
- October 2023
What is the preferred duration of the internship?
- Velika, Požega
Own equipment required
- Required: computer, cell phone and working (protective) shoes
During the internship, company is able to offer to the intern(s):
Is laboratory work included?
Preferred educational background of the intern(s)
Required skills and competences
- Fluency in Croatian and basic knowledge of the English language.
Work in MS office and basic understanding of the AutoCAD program.
- Students will be introduced to the current documentation as well as the production processes in quarries and the factory. They will also be introduced to our work in quality check laboratories.
After getting familiar with all the production processes, the student will, depending on their field of work, be taught about their supervisor’s jobs.
Students will have the opportunity to get acquainted with modern technology for monitoring the status of fieldwork that we use: drone and a data processing program.
- Zdenko Mikolić, MSc Geology Engineering
Josip Čačić, MSc Mining Engineering
- The interns would be dealing with professionals who are among the best in their profession or have been working in the factory for more than 10-15-20 years. These engineers and managers would pass on their knowledge to the interns.
Permanent employment possibilities
Interview with the candidates
Has your organisation already participated?
Year/programme of participation