TH Re-Mining is a mining company specializing in state-of-the-art mineralogical, chemical, microscopic, and technological research methods to characterize ores, tailings, and metallurgical waste to better understand their impact on the environment.
The company focuses on recovering metallic and non-metallic mineral concentrates from mining and metallurgical production tailings thus reducing the need for mining and processing of primary sources.
By “re-mining” or reprocessing TH Re-MINING aims to eliminate the harmful effects of inadequately constructed abandoned landfills on the living environment and nature, and therefore provides us with the opportunity to appropriately landfill the recovered waste after reprocessing while reducing environmental impact.
To perform an adequate pre-concentrate production, TH Re-MINING implements optimized, environmentally friendly as well as low-cost mechanical separation. This enables the purification post-treatment (chemical, hydrometallurgical, etc.) to generally result in minimized environmental impact and a lower CapEx and OpEx.
When performing its techniques, we pay special attention to the treatment of water in a closed-loop production cycle to minimize the need for additional fresh water.
To achieve its goal, TH Re-MINING uses the best available technologies for reprocessing and developing new technologies.
- Dunajska cesta 156, 1000 Ljubljana
Type of organisation
- Micro enterprise (up to 10 employees and 2mil EUR turnover)
Organisation acts primarily in the following raw materials sectors
- Geo-sciences and geotechnology
- Extractive waste management
Which months can the internships take place?
- June 2023
- July 2023
- August 2023
- September 2023
- October 2023
- November 2023
- December 2023
Open positions for internships in this year
- The internship will take place in the laboratory of TH Re-Mining d.d., within the Jožef Štefan Institute, Jamova cesta 39, 1000 Ljubljana, during regular working hours.
During the internship, company is able to offer to the intern(s):
Is laboratory work included?
Preferred educational background of the intern(s)
- mechanical engineering
Required skills and competences
- From the applicant, we require knowledge from the fields of mining and geology engineering, knowledge of different ore samples preparation for XRF and XRD analysis, basics of mechanical processing techniques, knowledge of MS Office (mostly Microsoft word and excel). The applicant must have appropriate knowledge of English language (in oral and written form).
- Work in the Laboratory for gravitational separation, preparation of samples, screening, and hydrocycloning. Use of selected methods of gravitational separation.
- Jasna Kastivnik, Head of the laboratory
- Jasna Kastivnik is Head of the laboratory of the company TH Re-Mining d.d., and among his work duties are: characterization of the properties of input materials for mechanical separation processes in the processing of mineral raw materials, determination of process parameters to maximize economic and ecological efficiency (preparation of input material, selection of appropriate technical equipment and determination of its settings).
Interview with the candidates
Has your organisation already participated?
Year/programme of participation
- 2022 and 2023 Student of Geology