OIKON Ltd. – Institute of Applied Ecology is a leading licensed and accredited consulting company / research institute in the field of applied ecology in Croatia and the region. In 23 years of experience, we have successfully completed more than 1,500 contracts for over 350 satisfied clients.
We provide services in the fields of nature and environmental protection, industrial ecology, renewable energy, natural resource management, ecological modeling, landscape analysis and design, geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing and ICT, environmental law, policy and economics, feasibility studies, as well as program and project management.
Oikon is independently operated and privately owned and has the official status of a scientific institute. In Croatia, it is officially licensed
Type of organisation
- Other enterprise
- Research organisation
Organisation acts primarily in the following raw materials sectors
Which months can the internships take place?
- October 2023
- November 2023
- December 2023
What is the preferred duration of the internship?
- Trg senjskih uskoka 1-2
During the internship, company is able to offer to the intern(s):
Preferred educational background of the intern(s)
- waste management
- civil engineering
- environmental engineering
- Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering
Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Required skills and competences
- Students are required to have computer skills since most of their work will include usage of computer. They need to have basic skills obtained in their field of studies.
We expect students to be interested in Oikon's field of expertise, to be hardworking and to be opened to learning new skills.
- Student will be required to carry out simple tasks related to the projects the company is dealing with.
Student will learn how to use GIS software program to make maps.
Student will do a field work if possible during the time he ore she is doing the internship.
Student will be familiarized with all the procedures which are required in Oikon's work.
- dr. sc. Božica Šorgić, mag. chem.
- Božica Šorgić (Ph.D. Chemistry) has more than 23 years of professional experience and over 10 years of experience working on environmental protection projects, including those related to transport and road sector. For the past nine years she has been working at Oikon Ltd. – Institute of Applied Ecology as project leader and environmental expert in the Department of Environmental Engineering.
Her work has included impacts from hazardous waste and impacts on air quality on more than 20 environmental state reports, environmental protection Programs, Environmental Impact Studies (EIS), strategic environmental assessments (SEA), life cycle assessment analysis, greenhouse gases emissions estimations and Environmental compliance audit relating to IPPC permitting procedure. She also has extensive expertise in environmental legislation and administrative regulations and practices in Croatia and EU.
As a co-author, Božica has published 15 original scientific papers, a paper in proceedings and has participated with contribution at six national and 11 international conferences.
Interview with the candidates
Has your organisation already participated?
Year/programme of participation
- 2022/ Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb programme