The Łukasiewicz Research Network - The Institute of Heavy Organic Synthesis "Blachownia" (Polish abbreviation – Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia") is an R&D centre working within the field of organic chemistry. Since 1952, the Institute has been a successful partner for domestic and foreign contractors developing, implementing and improving chemical processes, production and sale of branch products. Łukasiewicz - ICSO “Blachownia” carries out R&D and implementation works within the scope of chemical sciences, performs chemical research, tests and analyses. Our competence is proved by numerous publications, patents and commercial implementations, as well as Good Laboratory Practice Certificate no. 29/2021/DPL.
Łukasiewicz - ICSO "Blachownia" achievements*
IMPORTANT INFO: the company accepts both international and national students
- Łukasiewicz Research Network - Institute of Heavy Organic Synthesis "Blachownia"
- ul. Energetyków 9, 47-225, woj. opolskie
Organisation acts primarily in the following raw materials sectors
- Materials science
Which months can the internships take place?
- January 2023
- February 2023
- March 2023
- April 2023
- May 2023
- June 2023
- July 2023
- August 2023
- September 2023
- October 2023
- November 2023
- December 2023
What is the preferred duration of the internship?
Open positions for internships in this year
- International students
- National students
- EIT Labelled students
- ul. Energetyków 9, 47-225
During the internship, company is able to offer to the intern(s):
Is laboratory work included?
Preferred educational background of the intern(s)
- waste management
- environmental engineering
Required skills and competences
- • Required knowledge of English language (B1/B2);
• Computer skills - knowledge of MS Office;
• Communication skills;
• Technical skills;
• Ability to work as a part of the team;
• Ability to use scientific literature and data bases;
• Knowledge of laboratory work.
- Participation in R&D projects in the fields of our Institute competencies, especially organic chemistry. Selected topics: chemicals as consumables for mining machinery; chemical preparations for mining technologies; chemicals as consumables for processing machinery; chemical preparations for processing technologies; purification processes and regeneration of organic and aqueous fractions formed in technological processes, purification of waste gases; chemical analysis for processing processes; chemical preparations for recycling technologies; recycling of chemical compounds combined with mineral materials, e.g. depolymerization of plastics; recycling of machining fluids/oils; chemical analysis for recycling processes; chemical analysis for the development of alternatives of critical raw materials.
- Dr Katarzyna Zielińska - Leader of Catalytic Processes Research Group
Other Research Group Leaders
Permanent employment possibilities
Interview with the candidates
Students with disabilities