Pulp and Paper Institute in its more than 70 years history has developed into a modern research and development center, which supports its partners by providing skills and services for the development of products made from natural fibers and paper. Direct integration of specialist knowledge and industrial competences ensures that the Institute offers comprehensive and high-quality services. With its laboratories for mechanical, chemical and biological testing, and pilot paper and coating machine for industrial testing, it is still the only infrastructure center in the wider region. It is registered research institution with two research groups on papermaking and packaging. Institute is focused on the three key areas: research and development, testing and consulting, education and training.
IMPORTANT INFO: the company accepts both international and national students
- Pulp and Paper Institute (Inštitut za celulozo in papir)
Organisation acts primarily in the following raw materials sectors
- Materials science
Which months can the internships take place?
- March 2023
- April 2023
- June 2023
- September 2023
- October 2023
- November 2023
What is the preferred duration of the internship?
- Bogisiceva ul. 8
Own equipment required
- car, computer, working clothes,
During the internship, company is able to offer to the intern(s):
Is laboratory work included?
Preferred educational background of the intern(s)
- waste management
- environmental engineering
- chemical engineering, papermaking technology, graphic and printing technology, packaging technology
Required skills and competences
- computer skills - user of MS Office programs, work experience in chemical laboratory or graphics, printing laboratory or packaging design and testing, fluent in English language
- Assignments in chemical laboratory - performance of chemical and biochemical analyses.
Assignments in paper testing laboratory - performance of mechanical and/or graphical testing of paper and board.
Assignments on pilot testing machines - material preparation and asistance at pilot test runs on pilot paper or pilot coating machine.
- Mr. Bojan Borin
Mr. Andrej Šinkovec
Dr. Igor Karlovits
- Mr. Bojan Borin - head of chemical laboratory. He has BSc in Chemical Enigneering, is experienced in chemical analytic processes, and in chemical modification of cellulose fibres, he is participating in several research projects.
Mr. Andrej Šinkovec - head of Materials and technology department. He has BSc in wood technology and BSc in chemical tehnology. With several years of experience in papermaking industry, his expertise is paper production and technology including pilot testing of fiber / cellulose based materials. He is participating in industrial research projects.
Dr. Igor Karlovits - head of the Print and Packaging department. He has PhD in field of graphic engineering and design, has authored 3 university textbooks in Serbian and Slovenian and published research work and is member of several associations. He is active in research work in several national and international research projects and industrial projects.
Interview with the candidates