The Croatian Geological Survey (HGI-CGS) is the principal public research institute in the Republic of Croatia in the field of geology and geological engineering. It undertakes fundamental and applied geoscience research for the benefit of the society and economy of the Republic of Croatia. Major science disciplines within HGI-CGS include geological surveying and mapping, paleontology, hydrogeology, engineering geology, mineral resources, and geochemistry. HGI-CGS acquires and publishes geological data over the entire territory of the Republic of Croatia.
- Hrvatski geološki institut - Croatian Geological Survey
Organisation acts primarily in the following raw materials sectors
- Geo-sciences and geotechnology
Which months can the internships take place?
- March 2023
- April 2023
- May 2023
- June 2023
- July 2023
- August 2023
- September 2023
- October 2023
- November 2023
- December 2023
What is the preferred duration of the internship?
Open positions for internships in this year
- Sachsova 2, 10000
During the internship, company is able to offer to the intern(s):
Is laboratory work included?
Preferred educational background of the intern(s)
Required skills and competences
- Knowledge of basic computer tools (MS Office) is essential. Knowledge of working with other tools such as GIS, and CAD is certainly an advantage. It is necessary to use Croatian or possibly English language.
- The Intern will be involved in creating and updating the database of mineral raw materials. His task will be the preparation of basic materials for entering data into the database, including scanning and preparation of various documents, studies and reports, as well as working with MS excell forms. The Intern will also possibly work in a GIS environment.
- Dr.sc. Nikolina Ilijanić, Head of Department for Mineral Resources, Mineralogist
Nikola Gizdavec, dipl.ing.geol.
- Dr.sc. Nikolina Ilijanić is a scientist who deals with determining the origin and composition of lake and sea sediments based on clay minerals, geochemical composition, and magnetic properties.
Nikola Gizdavec is an expert advisor engaged in the research of mineral resources using remote methods.
Permanent employment possibilities
Interview with the candidates