CNR ISSMC is the Italian Hub of Excellence on Ceramic Materials, where the idea, design and development of new ceramic and hybrid materials takes place for the benefit of industry and the whole society, and where advanced training is carried out in the field of materials science addressed to fields of major current interest: Aero-space, Wellness and Health, Energy, Nano-remediation & safety, Environment, Construction and Cultural Heritage.
- CNR ISSMC Institute of Science, Sustainability and Technology for Ceramics
Organisation acts primarily in the following raw materials sectors
Which months can the internships take place?
- October 2023
- November 2023
- December 2023
What is the preferred duration of the internship?
Open positions for internships in this year
- International students
- National students
- via Granarolo 64
During the internship, company is able to offer to the intern(s):
Is laboratory work included?
Preferred educational background of the intern(s)
- mechanical engineering
- environmental engineering
- Biotechnology; Enviromental Enigineering; Materials Science and Engineering; Materials Science; Experimental Physics; Electronic Engineering
Required skills and competences
- 1 - 3; Competences on the development of biomaterials, knowledge of polymers and biopolymers, and basic techniques for chemical characterizations.
4. Critical reading of scientific literature; knowledge of programming and numeric computing platforms
5. chemistry, mathematics, attitude to experimental work, ability with IT tools
- 1. Biomimetic approaches for the development of nanostructured hybrid and polymer hydrogels for the development 3D scaffolds for bone and cartilage tissues regeneration.
2. Design and development of biomimetic and medicated multi-layer membranes for wounds management, designed to be able of simultaneously fighting infections and guiding tissue healing and regeneration.
3. Design and development of porous biomatrices for 3D in vitro predictive models aimed at the study of personalized targeted pharmacological therapies in the field of tumor and infectious diseases
4. Development of new piezoelectric membranes by designing their architectures and fabrication processes, studying their piezoelectric properties.
5. Synthesis of ceramic materials and devices. Preparation of fuel samples. Thermochemical experiments at lab-scale. Data elaboration.
- 1. Monica Sandri,
2. Monica Sandri
3. Monica Sandri
4. Pietro Galizia
5. Francesco Miccio
- 1 - 3; Monica Sandri graduated in Chemistry, PhD degree in Material Science and actually Director of Research at CNR-ISSMC. With long expertise on the study of biomimetic nanostructured hybrid and polymer hydrogels and bioinks designed for the development of 3D scaffolds for bone and cartilage tissues regeneration, of medicated membranes for chronic wound management and of 3D in vitro predictive models for the investigation of personalized therapies.
4. Pietro Galizia is researcher at ISSMC since 2013. He is focused on the mechanical and microstructural characterisation of ceramic composites for the extreme applications. He holds both Doctoral and Master’s degrees magna cum laude in Materials Science with a PhD thesis about magnetoelectric composites. Winner of Quality Research Awards 2015 and 2016 by SCUDO.
5. Francesco Miccio is a Chemical engineer, Research Director at CNR, Contract Professor in Chemical Engineering at University of Bologna, project coordinator in the past of EC funded projects, with interest in thermochemical processes for energy and chemicals, also using functionalized ceramics.
Interview with the candidates