Founded in 1991, Sunlight Group is a member of Olympia Group, and among the leading technology companies in the energy storage system sector, specializing in industrial and advanced energy storage solutions of lead acid and lithium ion batteries. Sunlight Group headquarters is in Athens, Greece. The company develops technologically advanced energy storage solutions that enable industries such as renewables, transport, logistics, and shipping to boost their transition to net zero emissions. We specialize in designing, developing, and distributing the next generation of energy storage products for industrial and off-road appltions, with a particular focus on Research and Development (R&D), including environmentally conscious and energy efficient innovations. The Group’s industrial complex in Xanthi, northeastern Greece, is the core production facility and state-of-theart manufacturing operation, supporting the company’s dynamic growth. The Group also owns a lead-acid battery recycling plant in Komotini, while in the context of international expansion and growth, two battery assembly hubs have been established the recent past years in Verona, Italy and North Carolina, United States (US). The labor force of industrial complex of Xanthi is more than 1000 employees.
IMPORTANT INFO: the company accepts both international and national students
- Sunlight Energy Storage Systems
Organisation acts primarily in the following raw materials sectors
- Dr. Panagiotis Xanthopoulos
Which months can the internships take place?
- April 2023
- May 2023
- June 2023
- July 2023
- August 2023
- September 2023
- October 2023
- November 2023
- December 2023
What is the preferred duration of the internship?
- Neo Olvio 67200, Xanthi
During the internship, company is able to offer to the intern(s):
Is laboratory work included?
Preferred educational background of the intern(s)
- waste management
- environmental engineering
- Metallurgical engineering, chemical engineering
Required skills and competences
- Knowledge of relevant metallurgical or chemical engineering operations, lithium ion battery technology. Knowledge in solid state or aqueous chemistry is a plus. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies. Position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, innovative thinking and a positive attitude Hands-on experience, previous internship and/or project experience is preferred Must be able to work in a fast paced and international environment, Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Minimum computer skills: MS office. Language skills: ease on expressing in English both verbal and orally.
- The intern will work under the guidance of Engineers of the R&D department of Sunlight Group, to execute project tasks related to lithium ferrophosphate (LFP) batteries recycling. Tasks that may be included:
Data collection and processing
Flow diagrams design
Business and marking mapping analysis
- Dr. Panagiotis Xanthopoulos
- Mining and Metallurgical Engineer (NTUA) with a PhD in Chemistry (KU Leuven). 8 years of experience in laboratory, semi-pilot operations as well as consulting projects within the raw materials sector. Joined Sunlight in 2023 as recycling expert, working on the research and development of lithium ferrophospate (LFP) batteries
Permanent employment possibilities
Interview with the candidates
Students with disabilities
Has your organisation already participated?
Year/programme of participation